Ski touring is the most convenient way to travel in winter, on the snow-capped mountains, with a very good ratio between effort and speed. The Romanian Carpathian Mountains are excellent for ski touring with a winter season of almost 6 months (Dec – May), much longer than alpine skiing, on the prepared slopes.
Our introduction ski touring course is addressed to those who have general mountain experience, know how to ski well on the slopes (all turns are taken with parallel skis on the red slopes) and they want to learn to travel on the snow using skis.
In addition to the experience of our instructor guides, members of the Romanian Society of Mountain Guides, this course is organized in partnership with the romanian dealer of ABS avalanche backpacks which produces the most advanced avalanche rescue equipment today.
After the course, in order to improve the skiing technique in natural snow, the interested persons can join our ski expeditions worldwide.
See pictures from our latest international ski tours:
– ski touring in Abisko – Kebnekaise (Lapland, Sweden) – highest peak of Sweden
– ski touring in Lapland/Laponia (Norway);
– ski touring in Stubai Alps (Austria);
– ski touring in Oetztal Alps (Austria);
– Hoch Stubai (Austria);
– Polar Circle expedition (Lapland, Sweden);
– ski mountaineering in Grossvenediger (Höhe Tauern Alps, Austria);
– ski mountaineering in Grossglockner (Höhe Tauern Alps, Austria) – highest peak of Austria;
– ski mountaineering in Chamonix (Mont Blanc Alps, France);
Where: Predeal ski resort, Romania
Depending on the snow conditions, the course will take place in the high area of the mountains around Brasov, 2.5h by train/car from Bucharest.
After a nice warming up on the ski slopes in Predeal, we will access all the neighboring mountain areas.
Accommodation will be at the pension in double/single rooms with shower.
When: February 10 – 14, 2021 (Wednesday noon – Sunday noon).
The meeting will be on Wednesday, in the first part of the day, so that the practical exercises will start in the same day afternoon.
What you will learn:
The ski touring course is complex, requiring good stamina and addressing issues related to both skiing techniques and risks & safety.
– the main techniques of skiing in natural snow (off-piste);
– moving technique with skis;
– preparing the ski touring trip;
– snow and avalanches;
– training within the course and information support after the completion of the course;
– individual avalanche equipment (mandatory!), in the case of those who do not have it;
Does not include:
– accommodation at the pension
– transport to/from Predeal and cable car;
– ski touring equipment (skis, boots, sealskins, poles, helmet).
The equipment for ski touring can be rented from Brașov area and there are discounts for people enrolled in our course.
Booking and other details:
In order to book and secure your place in this course, an advance payment of 250RON is requested to be paid by bank transfer.
The number of places available for this course is limited to a maximum of 8 people.