An exotic tour which combine mountain biking and kayaking.
South East corner of Romania, nearby Galati city – the biggest harbor in the Lower Danube, is the Gate of Danube Delta and the land of three rivers: Siret (647km), Prut (953km) and Danube (2.860km) – the second biggest river from Europe.
On its way to the Black Sea, just around 120km away (80 miles), Danube river has to pass one last obstacle, the final barrier on its way to freedom: Măcin Mountains.
Our special and unique eco-touristic program invites you to explore by kayak and mountain bike both, Lower Danube river and Măcin Mountains and the fabulous water and mountains mixture.
This program is dedicated to all active persons able to bike and paddle around 8 hours/day.
When: July 11 – 15th (4 nights)
We start and end our tour in Galați city, the biggest harbor in Lower Danube.
Level of difficulty: Medium
Group: up to 12 persons
The program is for adults only, over 18 years old.
There is no need of experience for kayaking.
All participants must have the minimum skills for mountain biking.
Equipment and services included:
- kayak instructor and mountain guides;
- sea kayak for each person (single or double)
- personal safety equipment for water activities;
- bike and kayak transfer;
- personal luggage transfer;
- minibus for transfer between river and mountains;
- photos during the tour;
Our intention is to develop the local small green tourism businesses. So, with our local partners from Galați and surroundings we provide also:
- accommodation: 4 nights in hotel, pension and camping;
- breakfast: 4 days;
- traditional dinner in remote places: 1 day;
- mountain bike. You can rent one, at request;
- personal safety equipment for biking: helmet, gloves, sun glasses etc.;
- travel to/from Galați city;
- dinner where restaurants are available;
- lunch pack for each day;
- personal camping equipment for 1 night: summer sleeping bag and mattress;
For full program and booking, please contact us directly.