The Big Six in winter season is our special prize for peak baggers.
It is a unique circuit program created by us, meaning to reach the surrounding BIG SIX highest and most important peaks nearby Brasov.
In winter season, almost all peaks can be reached by skis or snowshoes in one long day, starting early morning from Brasov, if you are fit enough and know the safest/ shortest/fastest route.
The BIG SIX are:
- Tampa Peak (960m alt. D+ 420m), Postavaru Mts.;
- Magura Codlei (1.292m, D+ 665m), Persani Mts.;
- Postăvaru Peak (1.799m alt., D+ 780m ), Postavaru Mts.
- Piatra Mare Peak (1.844m alt. D+ 1.200m), Piatra Mare Mts.
- Piscul Baciului/La Om Peak (2.239m alt., D+ 1.039m), Piatra Craiului Mts.
- Omu Peak (2.505m alt., D+ 1.800m), Bucegi Mts.
All peaks can be collected in six different days, some of them easier (including cable car), others harder, according to the chosen route.
The last two peaks from Bucegi and Piatra Craiului are the hardest and avalanche prone and must be reached only in good weather conditions.
Please feel free to contact us regarding this superb peaks collection.